Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Obsess: Billy Reid and a Decadent Fall

It's going to be a wonderfully decadent Fall!

Fashion Week, Fashion Week, Faaaaashion Weeeeek!

While I don't take any kind of active role in anything Fashion Week, I always love to see what the designers have lined up for the next season.  In a dull, cold and dreary winter, Fashion Week sweeps through the city and breathes life into the faces of those that are worn out in their black peacoats and snow-resistant boots.  So poetic and over the top, but it's true.  Just looking at what's in store for Fall next year gets me excited about new trends I can Ogle now at least until the weather gets warm....and then cold again.

So, what were my favorite shows?  It's really hard to pick favorites.  I like shows the same way I like albums.  I never love the entire album, but if there are enough songs on it that I listen to more than 3 times, I can solidly say I like its style.  Same with Runway shows- I rarely see one where I love everything in the show (I actually don't think I've ever looked at a Collection and loved every look), but I'll still love a lot of the things I see.

Anyway, let's talk about some shows!  Let's start with Billy Reid and how wonderfully Obsessed I am with the feel of his Collection.  When it's a Fall Collection, I want it to feel like it's Fall and the collection is everything that I love about the season.  It's warm with a lot of earth tones, leather, jackets that almost seem oversized, alongside the secret to pairing black and brown.  The outerwear is AMAZING.  Here are some of my fav looks:





I love the boxy silhouettes of the coats.  Paired dresses that come in right at the natural waist and deep necklines, I just can't get enough.  The plunging neckline with the high waisted dress in olive and navy...ah, it's what I want right now!

The show was both Men's and Women's.  To see the rest of it, check it out at NYMag.com.

Ah, so lovely!

No comments: