Thursday, April 21, 2011

OBSESS: FINN

I've always been a fan of smaller jewelry brands because of how innovative and cool they are.  Don't get me wrong- I think that there's something fundamentally alluring about Kate Moss in David Yurman, but I feel that as jewelry designers get more mainstream, they start to design into a template.  There's nothing wrong with that, but I'm always in search of something unique.  I love fun and funky jewelry that still feels delicate custom.  To that point, I've discovered that I have a deep and passionate love for Finn.  Recently, you've probably spotted it all over Gwyneth Paltrow or at Barneys, but here are my definite loves:

From Finnjewelry.com, I love how the diamond is off center on this necklace 

And of course there's the obligatory bunny item that I've just fallen head-over-heels for at Barneys...


Many sites have already featured these little rings as replacements for traditional wedding bands and I totally agree!  They are so whimsical and fun.  It's nice to have something so traditional be a little out-of-the-box (all available at Barneys.

There are so many more amazing pieces in the Finn Collections that I can't possibly showcase all the things I'm obsessed with, but definitely check out their site.  They also have a Facebook fan page and a blog that gets updated frequently.  When they start to be more widely distributed (if ever!  Though I would still appreciate them just as much if they stayed small), this might move from the "obsess" file into the "own" file.  At their current prices, they are a little on the high end...if they ever have a sample sale, I'll fight tooth and nail to get there!

No comments: