Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Own: Slip Dress

For the longest time, I've avoided lingerie-like clothing.  I've just always felt that lingerie had a place and it was under your clothes (or out in the open in your bedroom).  Given that I have a mild obsession (read: serious case of over-buying) with lingerie, that's weird, right?  I mean, I'm down with the tasteful glimpse here and there through a semi sheer shirt or the occasional cute bra strap peeking out, but I can't remember the last time I rocked a straight-up silky, lace top.  I may never do this.

BUT (there's always a but!) after seeing the most recent Jil Sander show, I was inspired.

Photos courtesy of Style.com

These looks from the Fall 2012 campaign really take me back to the day that I saw Carrie from Sex in the City in the naked dress.  Yes, you remember it.  Go ahead and click on that link to refresh your memory.

Anyway, I love the look.  I think it's airy and delicate and can be worn NOW.  I'm not waiting until fall to put on my near-négligée.  So here are lovely options I'm considering:


I love this one from Zara.  I think it's the one.  It's just flow-y enough and looks like it's not completely sheer.

One that's a little more form fitting is this one by T by Alexander Wang.

This one by American Vintage has a little bit more coverage for the more conservative naked dress look.

I think I'm going for the Zara option.  It's also only $26!  Score!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

the "conservative" naked look literally laughed out loud