Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Totally Obsessed: Tsumori Chisato, are you Ogle or Obsess?

I've seen Tsumori Chisato around for a while and I don't know why I haven't been moved enough to write about it.  Her stuff is so cool and awesome and unique.  I hate to say that I've been distracted, but that must be the only reason why I would have put off writing about her and my love for her designs for so long.

Anyway, without much further ado, let's talk about Tsumori Chisato and why I love her stuff.  Being a child of the Hello Kitty era (which is still alive and stronger than ever today), I love whimsical patterns, bright colors and happy faces. I don't know where along the way I lost the urge to wear styles that featured those things.  I still love them.  They still make me really happy when I see them.

Case and point: I've been hunting for a new wallet.  My trusty Miu Miu has finally broken down, but the wide world of wallets, while colorful, isn't really inspring.  It hadn't been until I saw this adorable thing.


It's definitely not your average bear!  It's a pattern of swans with a cat.  I love it.  I would love to have this swimming around in my purse, but at a $300+ price point, it has to be just an Obsession for now.  

Beyond that painfully cute wallet, Tsumori Chisato has a lot of other items that have this same kind of sophisticated, child-drawn storybook feel.  Her clothes focus less on contouring the lines of the body and more around fun patterns and colors that almost tell a story.  Most of her dresses are large sacks of fabric which I would normally be against, but the combination of colors is just so refreshing I can't take my eyes of them.  Here are some of my favorites:





The colors are so vivid and different and all would look awesome under a leather jacket for fall.  I'm dying for that Dinsosaur scarf!  As much as I've put this in the Obsess bucket, I feel like it could easily be an Ogle for most people- it is a little wackier than your average dress. 

No comments: