Sunday, October 28, 2012

Ogle, Unless You're Going to Europe...The Kooples

So about 5 months ago, my dearest friend, the Party Cat, escaped the clutches of NYC and moved across the pond to London.  I was lucky enough to get over there recently to visit her, but it was also my first trip to London ever- oh, and we made an epic stopover into Paris...a city that I've Obsessed about for years.

What was it like?

Well, the weather was pretty mucky, but that was to be expected.  What I loved about it (and maybe what I think is the most alluring thing about living in Europe) was the pace of life there.  Everyone seemed to have an understanding that while things needed to get done, they weren't going to get done at the expense of their own happiness.  I think that's something that New Yorkers should really take notice of.  Oh and the food.  Man, Paris really has that down pat.  It wasn't about anything complicated.  It was the butter.  The bread.  The ANCHOVIES.  Anyway, I digress.  Let's talk about The Kooples.

The Kooples is a store that I saw a few times when we were roaming the streets.  I loved the window displays, but for some reason, I never went into the stores.  I really regret it now!  In the US, you're trained to think that anything you see, you can eventually get online (mostly at Amazon), but when dealing with Europe, that's just not true.  Now I've learned my lesson.  Coming back and looking at The Kooples site, they don't deliver to the US.  Hence, I Ogle.  *Le sigh.*

Let me show you a few reasons why they need to deliver to the US (besides the fact that I would just give them my money):

I love how casual and classy this look is.  It's not anything new- black jeans, a cream blouse and a camel coat.  Done before, I know, but something about the styling of the shirt slightly tucked in and the coat off the shoulders seems so effortless and chic.  See the look and the pieces in their lookbook.

The woman's suit.  This is really hard to find in US, especially one this TOTALLY AWESOME (or as some might say, "totes amazeballs!")  I feel like forest green really made a comeback this fall (um, did anyone see all the coloblocking in the Celine Fall bags?  Yum.) alongside burgundy, and The Kooples has totally embraced that.  The cut of this suit is so right- dressy without being stiff.  See the details here in the lookbook



Last, but certainly not least, is their leather jacket selection.  I think there are some amazing options by designers here, don't get me wrong.  But, these are the ones that I would happily plop down the bucks for. Ah quand même....if they would only ship to America!  The burgundy one is so awesome I don't even have words for it.  Also, don't be fooled by the one with shearling and just think that it's normal.  It's actually a long jacket.  See the look in their lookbook.

Anyway, I could probably go on a little more about this, but I'll spare you the torture since you can't get this brand unless you go to Europe...but hey, I love having any reason to go back.  This one and getting myself to the Rue Cambon Chanel store are top of my list right now.  Paris, wait for me!

No comments: