Monday, August 15, 2011

Totally Ownable: Random from all over

Living in NY, it's really easy to sometimes get carried away by labels, but I have to always remember that great fashion can be born anywhere and it's really all about how you rock it.  Recently, I've seen some awesome things from brands that I don't usually shop.  These things are pieces that I could easily see becoming part of my "staple" wardrobe.

What I identify as a "staple" usually has the following qualities:

1) Wearability- I can wear it every day with many things and it never looks out of place
2) Durability- I can try my darnedest to destroy it but it will keep coming back and every time I look at it, it looks more amazing with that new scratch or knick.
3) Timelessness- It's not something crazy.  It's not something too colorful.  It's something simple, yet unique enough that it says something about me.  It's something that I can see myself loving for years to come.

Usually, I wouldn't mind spending more money on these said "staples," but why do that when you can find some of these things on the cheap??  Here are some things that can very easily become mine forever:

 
Need a new handbag for the fall??  This one is pretty much as perfect as it gets.  Only $125.

An awesome skirt from the Gap to take me into fall.  Scoop this up for $39.95.

Delman makes amazing flats for a premium price, but why spend those bucks when you can get the J.Crew version which is just as cute and just as comfortable?

Don't forget sale sections!!  Asos.com is having a great sale right now and you can get that staple chambray shirt shirt for under $50.

As you can tell, I'm clearly getting into that fall state of mind...but the seasons creep up on you!  If there's anyone that excited about fall clothing, it's definitely me.  It's that time of year where you can start to play with layers and textures in your style and make something seemingly boring into something that's fresh and new by mixing and matching.  Use these cheap items to mix into your wardrobe with your expensive ones.  Chances are that people won't be able to tell anyway.


No comments: